Snoring

Markus Wennrich - Fri Jun 11 16:37:04 1999

By the time the sailor pulled into a little town, every hotel room was
taken.

"You've got to have a room somewhere,"  he pleaded.  "Or just a bed, I
don't care where."

"Well, I do have a double room with one occupant - an Air Force guy,"
admitted the manager, "and he might be glad to split the cost.  But to
tell you the truth, he snores so loudly that people in adjoining rooms
have complained in the past.  I'm not sure it'd be worth it to you."

"No problem," the tired Navy man assured him.  "I'll take it."

The next morning the sailor came down to breakfast bright-eyed and
bushy-tailed.  "How'd you sleep?" asked the manager.

"Never better."

The manager was impressed.  "No problem with the other guy snoring?"

"Nope, I shut him up in no time" said the Navy guy.

"How'd you manage that?" asked the manager.

"He was already in bed, snoring away, when I came in the room," the
sailor explained.

"I went over, gave him a kiss on the cheek, and said,
'Goodnight, beautiful,' and he sat up all night watching me."

--
markus@schoko.org           http://www.schoko.org/~markus/

pgp-key available at http://keys.pgp.com/
pgp-fingerprint: 8D5B C049 4C27 7CE4  497F ADCC F1BE 97CA

Next: