critically ill

Markus Wennrich - Sat May 15 17:49:16 1999

An old man was critically ill. Feeling that death was near, he called
his lawyer. "I want to become a lawyer. How much is the express degree
you told me about?"
"It's $50,000," the lawyer said. "But why? You'll be dead soon, why do
you want to become a lawyer?" "That's my business! Get me the course!"
Four days later, the old man got his law degree. His lawyer was at his
bedside, making sure his bill would be paid.
Suddenly the old man was racked with fits of coughing and it was clear
that this would be the end. Still curious, the lawyer leaned over and
said, "Please, before it's too late, tell me why you wanted to get a
law degree so badly before you died?"
In a faint whisper, as he breathed his last, the old man said, "One
less lawyer..."

--
markus@schoko.org           http://www.schoko.org/~markus/

pgp-key available at http://keys.pgp.com/
pgp-fingerprint: 8D5B C049 4C27 7CE4  497F ADCC F1BE 97CA

Next: