jimmy and god

Markus Wennrich - Fri Apr 30 10:20:39 1999

Little Jimmy was laying about on a hill in the middle of a meadow on a
warm spring day.  Puffy white clouds rolled by and he pondered their
shape.
Soon, he began to think about God.
"God?  Are you really there?" Jimmy said out loud.
To his astonishment a voice came from the clouds.  "Yes, Jimmy? What can I
do for you?"
Seizing the opportunity, Jimmy asked, "God?  What is a million years like
to you?"
Knowing that Jimmy could not understand the concept of infinity, God
responded in a manner to which Jimmy could relate.  "A million years to
me, Jimmy, is like a minute."
"Oh," said Jimmy.  "Well, then, what's a million dollars like to you?"
"A million dollars to me, Jimmy, is like a penny."
"Wow!" remarked Jimmy, getting an idea.  "You're so generous...can I have
one of your pennies?"
God replied, "Sure thing, Jimmy!  Just a minute."

--
nick@schoko.org                   http://www.schoko.org/~nick/

Cheat long and prosper. (Ferengi ROA 78)

Next: