good excuse

Markus Wennrich - Wed Apr 28 09:31:46 1999

A fellow bought a new Mercedes and was out on an interstate for a  nice
evening drive. The top was down, the breeze was blowing through his hair
and he decided to open her up. As the needle jumped up to 80mph.  He
suddenly saw a flashing red and blue light behind him.  "There ain't no
way they can catch a Mercedes," he thought to himself and opened her up
further.  The needle hit 90, 100, 110 and finally 120 with the lights
still behind him. "What am I doing?" he thought and  pulled over. The cop
came up to him, took his license without a word and examined it and the
car. "I've had a tough shift and this is my last pull over.  I don't feel
like more paperwork so if you can give me an excuse for your driving that
I haven't heard before you can go!" Last week my wife ran off with a cop,"
the man said, "and I was afraid you were  trying to give her back!"
"Have a nice night", said the officer.

--
nick@schoko.org                   http://www.schoko.org/~nick/

Budget: A method for going broke methodically.

Next: