Winking

Markus Wennrich - Mon Mar 01 14:02:40 1999

(to wink = zwinkern)

A man with a winking problem is applying for a position as a sales
representative for a large firm. The interviewer looks over his papers and
says, "This is phenomenal. You've graduated from the best schools; your
recommendations are wonderful, and your experience is unparalleled.
Normally, we'd hire you without a second thought. However, a sales
representative has a highly visible position, and we're afraid that your
constant winking will scare off potential customers. I'm sorry....we can't
hire you."
"But wait," he said. "If I take two aspirin, I'll stop winking!"
"Really? Great! Show me!"
So the applicant reaches into his jacket pocket and begins pulling out all
sorts of condoms: red condoms, blue condoms, ribbed condoms, flavored
condoms; finally, at the bottom, he finds a packet of aspirin. He tears it
open, swallows the pills, and stops winking.
"Well," said the interviewer, "that's all well and good, but this is a
respectable company, and we will not have our employees womanizing all
over the country!"
"Womanizing? What do you mean? I'm a happily married man!"
"Well then, how do you explain all these condoms?"
"Oh, that," he sighed. "Have you ever walked into a pharmacy, winking, and
asked for aspirin?"

--
nick@schoko.org                   http://www.schoko.org/~nick/

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We
don't believe this to be a coincidence.   - Jeremy S. Anderson

Next: