Things To Say When Caught Napping At Your Desk

Markus Wennrich - Wed Jan 27 08:54:46 1999

(to nap = schlafen, schlummern)

Things To Say When Caught Napping At Your Desk....

15. "They told me at the blood bank that this might happen."

14. "This is just a 15 minute power-nap like they raved about in the last
management course that you sent me to."

13. "Whew! Guess I left the top off the liquid paper."

12. "I wasn't sleeping! I was meditating on the mission statement and
envisioning a new paradigm!"

11. "This is one of the seven habits of highly effective people!"

10. "I was testing the keyboard for drool resistance."

9. "Actually doing a 'Stress Level Elimination Exercise Plan' (Sleep)that
I learned at the last mandatory seminar you made me attend."

8. "I was doing a highly specific Yoga exercise to relieve work-related
stress. Are you discriminatory towards people who practice Yoga?"

7. "Darn! Why did you interrupt me? I had almost figured out a solution to
our biggest problem."

6. "The coffee machine is broke..."

5. "Someone must have put decaff in the wrong pot."

4. "Boy, that cold medicine I took last night just won't wear off!"

3. "Ah, the unique and unpredictable circadian rhythms of the workaholic!"

2. "I wasn't sleeping. I was trying to pick up my contact lens without
using my hands."

And The #1 Best Thing To Say If You Get Caught Napping At Your Desk:

1. "AMEN."

Backup not found!  A)bort, R)etry or P)anic?

Next: