gone fishing

Markus Wennrich - Tue Jan 26 09:20:02 1999

Hillary and Chelsea are sitting around the table having a
mother/daughter talk.
Hillary says to Chelsea, "You have been going to college for awhile now.
Have you had sex yet?"
Chelsea says, "Well, not according to Dad.

****************************

Great Salesman

 A keen country lad applied for a salesman's job at a city
 department store. In fact it was the biggest store in the
 area--you could get anything there. The boss asked him,
 "Have you ever been a salesman before?"  "Yes, I was a
 salesman in the country," said the lad.  The boss liked the
 cut of him and said, "You can start tomorrow and I'll come
 and see you when we close up."

 The day was long and arduous for the young man, but finally
 5 o'clock came around. The boss arrived and asked, "How many
 sales did you make today?"  "One," said the young salesman.
 "Only one?" blurted the boss. "Most of my staff make 20 or
 30 sales a day. How much was the sale worth?"  "Thirty-eight
 thousand, three hundred and thirty-four dollars," said the
 young man. "How did you manage that?" asked the
 flabbergasted boss.

 "Well" said the salesman, "This man came in and I sold him a
 small fish hook, then a medium hook and finally a really
 large hook. Then I sold him a small fishing line, a medium
 one and a huge big one.  "I asked him where he was going
 fishing and he said down the coast. I said he would probably
 need a boat, so I took him down to the boat department and
 sold him that twenty foot schooner with the twin engines.
 Then he said his Volkswagen probably wouldn't be able to
 pull it, so I took him to the car department and sold him a
 new SUV."

 The boss took two steps back and asked in astonishment, "You
 sold all that to a guy who came in for a fish hook?"

 "No,"  answered the salesman.  "Actually, he came in to buy
 a box of Tampons for his wife and I said to him,   "Your
 weekend's shot, you may as well go fishing.""

There are two types of people in this world, good and bad. The good sleep
better, but the bad seem to enjoy the waking hours much more.   - Woody
Allen

Next: