Back in the USSR

Markus Wennrich - Mon Jan 25 11:43:36 1999

The phone rings at KGB headquarters.
"Hello?"
"Hello, is this KGB?"
"Yes. What do you want?"
"I'm calling to report my neighbor Yankel Rabinovitz as an enemy of the
State.  He is hiding undeclared diamonds in his firewood."
"This will be noted."
Next day, the KGB goons come over to Rabinovitz's house.  They
search the shed where the firewood is kept, break every piece of wood,
find no diamonds, swear at Yankel Rabinovitz and leave.
The phone rings at Rabinovitz's house.
"Hello, Yankel!  Did the KGB come?"
"Yes."
"Did they chop your firewood?"
"Yes, they did."
"Okay, now it's your turn to call. I need my vegetable patch plowed."

*********

During the heat of the space race in the 1960's,the U.S. National
Aeronautics and Space Administration decided it needed a ball point pen to
write in the zero gravity confines of its space capsules. After
considerable research and development, the Astronaut Pen was developed at
a cost of about $1 million U.S.  The pen worked and also enjoyed some
modest success as a novelty item back here on Earth. The Soviet Union,
faced with the same problem, used a pencil.

There are two kinds of pedestrians -- the quick and the dead.

Next: