Meals on Wheels

Markus Wennrich - Thu Jan 14 12:53:36 1999

St Peter is receptionist at the entrance of Heaven. A cat shows up and St
Peter says 'I know you! You were a very nice cat on earth and didn't cause
any trouble, so I want to offer a gift to you of one special thing you
have always wanted.' Cat: 'Well, I did always long to own a nice satin
pillow like my master had, so I could lie on it.' St Peter: 'That's easy.
Granted. You shall have the satin pillow after you enter in.'

Next. a group of mice appeared and St Peter greeted them and said: 'Ah, I
remember you. You were such good mice on earth. You didn't steal food from
anyone's house and never hurt other animals. Therefore, I want to grant
you one special wish you have always wanted.'

The Chief Mouse replied, 'Well, we always watched the children playing and
saw them roller skate, and it was beautiful, and it looked like so much
fun. So can we each have some roller skates, please?' St Peter: 'Granted.
You shall have your wish.'

Next day, St Peter is making the rounds inside the Gates, and sees the
cat. 'Well, Cat...Did you enjoy the satin pillow?' Cat: 'Oh, indeed I did.
And say...that 'Meals on Wheels' thing was a nice touch, too!'

Never buy anything for more than is absolutely necessary. (Ferengi ROA
3)

Next: