] >Date Index
New Years ResolutionsMarkus Wennrich
- Thu Jan 14 12:15:30 1999
1. I will try to figure out why I "really" need 12 e-mail addresses.
2. I will stop sending e-mail to my wife (husband).
A phone call every now and then would be appreciated
3. I resolve to work with neglected children-my own.
4. I will answer my snail mail with the same enthusiasm
with which I answer my e-mail.
5. I will stop sending e-mail, ICQ, Instant Messages
and be on the phone at the same time with the same person.
6. I resolve to back up my 12GB hard drive daily...well, once a
week...okay, monthly then...or maybe... at least once a year
7. I will spend less than one hour a day on the Internet.
This, of course, will be hard to estimate since I'm not
a clock watcher.
8. I will stop checking my e-mail at 3:00 in the morning...
4:30 is much more practical sicne my friends overseas already
had time to answer me by then
9. When I hear a funny joke I will not reply, "LOL... LOL!"
10. I will read the manual... just as soon as I can find it.
11. I will think of a password other than "password."
12. I resolve... I resolve to... I resolve to, uh...
I resolve to, uh, get my, er... I resolve to, uh,
get my, er, off-line work done, too!
I am a computer, dumber than any human and smarter than an administrator.