football fever

Markus Wennrich - Tue Dec 08 14:47:02 1998

A guy named Joe receives a free ticket to the SuperBowl from his company.

Unfortunately, when Joe arrives at the stadium, he realizes the seat is in
the last row in the corner of the stadium, he's closer to the Goodyear
Blimp than the field.  About halfway through the first quarter, Joe sees
through his binoculars an empty seat 10 rows off the field right on the 50
yardline.
He decides to take a chance and makes his way through the stadium and
around the security guards to the empty seat.
As he sits down, Joe asks the gentleman sitting next to him, "Excuse me,
is anyone sitting here?"
The man says "No."
Now, very excited to be in such a great seat for the game, Joe again
inquires of the man next to him, "This is incredible! Who in their right
mind would have a seat like this at the SuperBowl and not use it?!"
The man replies, "Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed
to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first SuperBowl we
haven't been together at since we got married in 1967."
"Well, that's really sad," said Joe, "but still, you couldn't find anyone
to take the seat? A friend or close relative?"
"No," the man replies, "They're all at the funeral."

Why do people who know the least know it the loudest?

Next: