Seaman and the pirate

Markus Wennrich - Thu Dec 03 09:57:48 1998

(seagull=Moewe)

"Seaman and the Pirate"

An able-bodied seaman meets a pirate in a bar, and they take turns
recounting their adventures at sea.
Noting the pirate's peg-leg, hook, and eye patch the seaman asks, "So, how
did you end up with the peg-leg?"
The pirate replies, "We was caught in a monster storm off the cape and a
giant wave swept me overboard. Just as they were pullin' me out a school of
sharks appeared and one of 'em bit me leg off".
"Blimey!" said the seaman. "What about the hook"?
"Ahhhh...", mused the pirate, "We were boardin' a trader ship, pistols
blastin' and swords swingin' this way and that. In the fracas me hand got
chopped off."
"Zounds!",  remarked the seaman. "And how came ye by the eye patch?"
"A seagull droppin' fell into me eye", answered the pirate.
"You lost your eye to a seagull dropping?",  the sailor asked incredulously.
"Well..." said the pirate, "..it was me first day with the hook.."

Friends:  People who know you well, but like you anyway.

Next: