Gates at the Brussels PD

Markus Wennrich - Thu Oct 01 14:52:27 1998

Gates at the Brussels PD
========================

-Brussels police department, how may I assist you?-

-Uh.. yes.. I just got hit in the face with a cream pie.-

-Okay, sir. Have you called the Brussels police department efore?-

-No-

-Well, let me get a little information about you for our records. Your
name?-

-Bill Gates-

-Country?-

-The USA-

-Native language?-

-English-

-Okay, sir. Your police department ID number is BP31415927.
Please use this number the next time you call. Now, you say you
were hit in the face with a pie?-

-Yes, I was just about to meet with the Belgian Prime Minister.
One person distracted me while another hit me with a cream pie.-

-We've had other customers report that they were hit in the face
with a custard pie. Are you sure it was a cream pie?-

-Well, I have white stuff all over my face and I don't see any
custard, so I really don't think it was a custard pie.-

-Have you visited the Prime Minister before?-

-Yes-

-Were you hit in the face with a pie then?-

-No-

-Hmm... have you visited any other Prime Ministers in the past
month?-

-Yes-

-Any pies then?-

-No-

-Okay, well.. let's try something. Go outside the building and come
in again. I'll wait.-

-Just a minute..- (several minutes pass)-Okay, I'm back.-

-Did you get hit by another pie?-

-Of course not-

-Well sir, I don't know what could have caused the first pie, but it
looks like things are working fine now. I'll make a note of the
problem, though. If it happens again, please note the exact details f
the situation and call us again. Thank you for calling the Brussels
Police Department. (click)-

Artificial Intelligence:  Making computers behave like they do in the movies.

Next: