for your weekend :-)

Markus Wennrich - Fri Aug 28 14:40:26 1998

A newlywed farmer and his wife were visited by her mother, who
immediately demanded an inspection of the place. The farmer had
genuinely tried to be friendly to his new mother-in-law, hoping that
it could be a friendly, non-antagonistic relationship. All to no avail
though, as she kept nagging them at every opportunity, demanding
changes, offering unwanted advice, and generally making life
unbearable to the farmer and his new bride.

While they were walking through the barn, during the forced
inspection, the farmer's mule suddenly reared up and kicked the
mother-in-law in the head, killing her instantly. It was a shock to all
no matter their feelings toward her demanding ways...

At the funeral service a few days later, the farmer stood near the
casket and greeted folks as they walked by. The pastor noticed
that whenever a woman would whisper something to the farmer, he
would nod his head yes and say something.

Whenever a man walked by and whispered to the farmer, however,
he would shake his head no, and mumble a reply. Very curious as
to this bizarre behavior, the pastor later asked the farmer what that
was all about.

The farmer replied, "The women would say, 'What a terrible tragedy'
and I would nod my head and say 'Yes, it was.' The men would
then ask, 'Can I borrow that mule?' and I would shake my head and
say, 'Can't, it's all booked up for a year.'"

-----------------------------------

An older couple had a son, who was still living with his parents. The
parents were a little worried, as the son was still unable to decide
about his future career ...so they decided to do a small test.

They took a ten-dollar bill, a bible, and a bottle of whiskey, and put
them on the front hall table ... then they hid, pretending they were
not at home.

The father's plan was: "If our son takes the money, he will be a
businessman, if he takes the bible, he will be a priest - but if he
takes the bottle of whiskey, I'm afraid our son will be a drunkard."

So the parents hid in the nearby closet and waited nervously.
Peeping through the keyhole they saw their son arrive ... the son
saw the note they had left.

Then, he took the 10-dollar bill, looked at it against the light, and
slid it in his pocket.

After that, he took the bible, flicked through it, and took it.

Finally he grabbed the bottle, opened it, and took an appreciative
whiff to be assured of the quality ... then he left for his room,
carrying all the three items.

The father slapped his forehead, and said: "Darn, it's even worse
than I could ever have imagined  ... "

"Our son is going to be a politician!"

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

Next: