Fun: Down he goes

Markus Wennrich - Wed Aug 26 02:22:00 1998

Two men are drinking in a bar at the top of the Empire StateBuilding.
One turns to the other and says: "You know last week I discovered
that if you jump from the top of this building- by the time you fall to
the 10th floor, the winds around the building are so intense that they
carry you around the building and back into the window."

 The bartender just shakes his head in disapproval while wiping the
 bar.

 The 2nd Man says: "What are you a nut? There is no way in hell
that could happen. 1st Man: "No, it's true, let me prove it to you." So
he gets up from the bar, jumps over the balcony, and careens to the street
 below.  When he passes the 10th floor, the high winds whip him
around the building and back into the 10th floor window and he takes the
elevator back up to the bar.

 The 2nd Man tells him: "You know I saw that with my own eyes, but
that must have been a one time fluke."

 1st Man: "No, I'll prove it again." and again he jumps and hurtles
 toward the street where the 10th floor wind gently carries him
around the building and into the window.  Once upstairs he urges his fellow
drinker to try it.

 2nd Man:  "Well, what the hell it works, I'll try it." So he jumps
over the balcony, plunges downward, passes the 11th, 10th, 9th, 8th floors,
and hits the sidewalk  with a 'splat'.

 Back upstairs the Bartender turns to the other drinker:
 "You know Superman, you're a real asshole when you're drunk."

Backups? We don' *NEED* no steenking backups.

Next: