Fun: employment crisis

Markus Wennrich - Wed Aug 26 02:05:33 1998

On their way to a Justice of the Peace to get married, a couple has a
fatal car accident.  The couple is sitting outside heaven's gate waiting
on St. Peter to do an intake.  While waiting, they wonder if they could
possibly get married in Heaven.  St. Peter finally shows up, and they
ask him.  St. Peter says, "I don't know, this is the first time anyone
has ever asked.  Let me go find out," and he leaves.

The couple sits for a couple of months and begins to wonder if they
really should get married in Heaven, what with the eternal aspect of it
all.   "What if it doesn't work out?" they wonder, "Are we stuck
together forever?"

St. Peter returns after yet another month, looking somewhat bedraggled.
"Yes," he informs the couple, " You can get married in Heaven."

"Great," says the couple, "but what if things don't work out?  Could we
also get a divorce in Heaven?"  St. Peter, red-faced, slams his
clipboard onto the ground.  "What's wrong?" exclaims the frightened
couple.

"Come on!" St. Peter exclaims, "It took me three months to find a priest
up here!  Do you have any idea how long it's going to take for me to
find a lawyer!?"

When someone says "It's not the money," they're lying. (Ferengi ROA 29)

Next: