Intel "microcode"

Markus Wennrich - Thu Jul 30 15:13:03 1998

API - Time Magazine reports an interesting case of high-tech graffiti.
It seems that a couple of Intel engineers working on the design of a
recent version of the Pentium microprocessor included a message that
describes their feelings about Bill Gates, president of Microsoft, a
good corporate pal of Intel's.

When a portion of the Pentium chip is examined under a powerful
scanning electron microscope, the phrase "bill sux" is clearly visible,
etched into the surface of the chip.

The "flaw" in the chip was only discovered by accident well after the
chip was released into the market, too late for Intel to prevent the
chip from being used in the manufacture of tens of thousands of PCs.

Intel says that both engineers responsible were former employees of
Motorola, makers of the chips that are the heart of the Apple Macintosh.

Both engineers have since been fired by Intel.

<http://www.idt.mdh.se/kpt/billsux.jpg>

For I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and big words Bother me.   - Winnie the Pooh

Next: