... windows error codes

Markus Wennrich - Tue May 05 11:03:23 1998

Recently the following undocumented error-codes were found. Microsoft
forgot to explain them in the manuals, so they will be spread via the
internet:

WinErr: 001 Windows loaded - System in danger
WinErr: 002 No Error - Yet
WinErr: 003 Dynamic linking error - Your mistake is now in every file
WinErr: 004 Erronious error - Nothing is wrong
WinErr: 005 Multitasking attempted - System confused
WinErr: 006 Malicious error - Desqview found on drive
WinErr: 007 System price error - Inadeqaute money spent on hardware
WinErr: 008 Broken window - Watch out for glass fragments
WinErr: 009 Horrible bug encountered - God knows what has happened
WinErr: 00A Promotional literature overflow - Mailbox full
WinErr: 00B Inadeqaute disk space - Free at least 50MB
WinErr: 00C Memory hog error - More Rame needed. More! More! More!
WinErr: 00D Window closed - Do not look outside
WinErr: 00E Window open - Do not look inside
WinErr: 00F Unexplained error - Please tell us how this happened
WinErr: 010 Reserved for future mistakes by our developers
WinErr: 011 Window open - Do not look outside
WinErr: 012 Window closed - Do not look inside
WinErr: 013 Unexpected error - Huh ?
WinErr: 014 Keyboard locked - Try anything you can think of.
WinErr: 018 Unrecoverable error - System has been destroyed. Buy a new
	one. Old windows licence is not valid anymore.
WinErr: 019 User error - Not our fault. Is Not! Is Not!
WinErr: 01A Operating system overwritten - Please reinstall all your
	software. We are terribly sorry.
WinErr: 01B Illegal error - You are not allowed to get this error.
	Next time you will get a penalty for that.
WinErr: 01C Uncertainty error - Uncertainty may be inadeqaute.
WinErr: 01D System crash - We are unable to figure out our own code.
WinErr: 01E Timing error - Please wait. And wait. And wait. And wait.
WinErr: 01F Reserved for future mistakes of our developers.
WinErr: 020 Error recording error codes - Remaining errors will be
	lost.
WinErr: 042 Virus error - A virus has been activated in a dos-box. The
	virus, however, requires Windows. All tasks will
	automaticly be closed and the virus will be activated again.
WinErr: 079 Mouse not found - A mouse driver has not been installed.
	Please click the left mouse button to continue.
WinErr: 103 Error buffer overflow - Too many erros encountered. Next
	errors will not be displayed or recorded.
WinErr: 678 This will end your Windows session. Do you want to play
	another game?
WinErr: 683 Time out error - Operator fell asleep while waiting for
	the system to complete boot procedure.
WinErr: 815 Insufficient Memory - Only 50.312.583 Bytes available

Next: