(Fwd) Sheep of a different color

Markus Wennrich - Mon May 04 10:26:27 1998

A missionary gets sent into deepest, darkest Africa. He spends years
with the people, teaching them to read and write, and also about the
good Christian ways of the white man. One thing he particularly
stresses is the evils of sexual sin. "Thou must not commit adultery or
fornication!"

One day the wife of one of the Tribe's noblemen gives birth to a
white child. The village is shocked and the chief is sent by his
people to talk with the missionary.

"You have taught us of the evils of sexual sin, yet here a black
woman gives birth to white child. You are the only white man
that has ever set foot in our village. It doesn't take a genius to
work out what has been going on!

The missionary replies: "No, no, my good man. You are mistaken.
What you have here is a rare but natural occurrence - it's called an
albino.

Look to thy yonder field. See there a field of white sheep, and yet
amongst
them is one black one. Nature does this on occasion."

The chief pauses for a moment and then says,
"Tell you what, my friend, you say nothing about the sheep, I say
nothing about the white child."

Next: