USS Lincoln

Markus Wennrich - Fri Mar 13 11:31:38 1998

"This ist the transcript of an ACTUAL radio conversation of a US naval ship
with the Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October,
1995.
     *****

Radio conversation released by the Chief of Nacal Operations 10-10-95.

Americans: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a
collision.

Canadians: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to
avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again,  divert YOUR
course.

Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN, THE SECOND LARGEST
SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES' ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE
DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU
CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH, THAT'S ONE FIVE DEGREES NORTH, OR
COUNTER-MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call."

:-)

Markus

P.S.: lighthouse = der Leuchtturm

--
markus@roses.de                  http://www.roses.de/~markus/

If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer,
Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and
explode
once a year, killing everyone inside. - Robert X. Cringely

Next: